The Common Admission Test (CAT) is one of the most prestigious competitive exams in India. It is a national-level exam conducted by IIMs on a rotational basis. Following the trends, the CAT exam will be conducted in November, and registration will start by the first week of August 2023.
So, candidates who are interested in appearing in the upcoming exam must be aware of all the official details for registration, fees, last date, eligibility and the documents required. The CAT Registration is the first step of registering on the official portal of the IIMCAT and filling out the application form. If you fail to complete the registration process, you will not be able to proceed with further steps and pay the exam fees.
Here, the CAT experts at BYJU’S have shared some basic registration procedures that the candidates should be aware of before applying for the CAT exam 2023.
Steps to Apply for CAT
The entire process of registration for CAT is online. It means that starting from registering in the portal to completing the payment needs to be made only on the official portal of IIM CAT.
Visit the official portal of CAT IIM and follow the below-given steps:
- Click on “NEW REGISTRATION.”
- Complete the CAT registration process by entering your basic details like name, mobile number, email ID etc.
- You will get a confirmation for CAT 2023 registration on your registered contact details.
- Log on to the portal again and fill out the application form.
- Fill out all the required details in the form correctly and upload the documents by maintaining the prescribed dimensions.
- Select IIMs of your choice and choose exam cities nearest to your home.
- Pay the exam fees.
- Get confirmation by checking your registered mail ID.
- Download the application form for future reference.
The exam conducting body made little changes and increased the exam fees in 2022 for all category candidates. So, it can be expected that the CAT fees in 2023 will remain the same.
|Reserved Category Candidates (SC/ST/OBC)
Candidates must upload the below-listed documents without fail. Otherwise, the exam conducting body will reject your application for the CAT exam.
- Marksheet and Certificate (Class 10, 12 and Graduation)
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Address
- Identification Certificate
- Covid-19 Declaration
- If you are a final year student and appearing for the CAT 2023, then it is mandatory to upload a final year certificate from the Principal, HoD or Director of your institute.
- Caste Certificate
- Category Certificate (Like PwD)
- Scribe Certificate
- Net Banking Details
- Work Experience Documents (if applicable)
Who Is Eligible for CAT Registration?
Before proceeding with the registration process and filling out the application form, candidates must check the official eligibility details to apply for the CAT exam. The exam conducting body releases the official eligibility criteria every year along with the exam notification.
- The candidates must have graduated in any stream to apply for the CAT exam. However, there is no mention of aggregate marks requirements in the notification, but some of the top IIMs mostly prefer the candidates with at least 55% marks in Bachelor’s degree (45% for reserved category candidates).
- The final-year students are also eligible to apply for CAT 2023, but they need to submit a declaration from the Principal, HOD or Director of their institutes.
- Age is not a bar, and there is no upper age limit specification for registration for CAT.
- Candidates with professional qualifications, after graduation, are also eligible to apply for CAT.
So, candidates must check all the above-mentioned details before starting the registration on the portal. The CAT exam registration is expected to be started by August 2023 and will be continued till the last week of September 2023. Keep all the required documents handy and then fill out the application form carefully to avoid later-stage miscommunication.