With the current changes in the trends of technological innovations, virtual happenings are considerably booming nowadays. While live streaming services are delivering real-time content with the help of broadcasters, on-demand webinars are benefitting those who would like to watch events as per their time slot.
When viewers start to dwindle off during a webinar, that is a good time to measure how engaged the audience is.
When you list the number of webinar attendees, viewing statistics appear impressive. What’s more impressive, though, is how long they stayed for the event.
In this blog, we will be explaining in brief about on-demand webinars & live streaming services along with some key differences which separate their roles apart.
What are On-Demand Webinars – Explained
Here are some of the key points which should be remembered while recalling on-demand webinars –
On-demand webinars are a perfect solution for watching your content as per your free time schedule. All you need is just a registration process that hardly lasts for a minute.
These webinar sessions are mostly pre-recorded sessions that offer valuable content with the ease of watching them any time of the day. There are lots of immersive features which make them even more valuable the traditional webinars like – Polls, Handouts, etc.
These sessions can be hosted on a website or a blog as per your preference. The embedded link can be accessed through sharing on different social media platforms. They are the prime source of evergreen content because their registration never ends !!
What is Live Streaming
Live streaming simply can be defined as – a real-time viewing experience for the audience without the video being downloaded or recorded. It is the act of presenting content in real-time with the help of live streaming service providers.
This technology is already booming all over the market as it allows its users to engage with the host, comment during the ongoing live session, share on different social media platforms, and much more!
This particular thing with live streaming services for events makes them a powerful tool to get the attention of the audience and delivery real-time experience at remote locations.
With some errors & mistakes during the live session, this service had never lost its value of naturality with the coming of polished pre-recorded webinar sessions.
Different types of Live Streaming Services
Different types of live streaming services thus include –
On-Demand Video Streaming
- This type of streaming is also known as VOD services( Video On Demand). This is mostly used for delivering content in the form of Television shows and movies which is perfect for the immediate viewing experience.
- The customers can easily navigate through the menu with the help of their set-top box & view their content while paying some charges.
IP Based Streaming
- IP-Based live streaming services are booming with new technical innovations. These services basically use your IP camera for the streaming of your event.
- It is basically a “Real-time messaging protocol” that allows live streaming through your IP camera. RTSP functions to fetch your video feed from the IP camera to the Network video recorder.
Social Media Streaming
- Social media streaming is the best way to reach a wider range of audiences with its free-of-cost platforms & huge audience base across the world.
- With the help of social media live streaming providers like – Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube, etc. audience tends to engage more with the free content & quality attachment strategies by influencers.
Read More: Social Media Trends
- It is defined as the process of streaming of a live video to various multiple platforms simultaneously. With the help of this service, all you have to do is just create a stream and select on which platforms you want your stream to go live – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- One of the biggest advantages of multistreaming platforms is their wide audience reach. As, live streaming to multiple platforms doubles your chances of interaction with a global audience.
Key Differences between Live Streaming & On-Demand Webinars
Differences between live streaming services & on-demand webinars have been described below –
- Live Streaming enables its users to watch real time content related to – award shows, sporting tournaments, and much more. On the other hand, On-Demand webinars are pre-recorded sessions which require a registration process to be able to watch the content.
- On-demand webinars can be easily edited and improved as per the requirement of the audience while live streaming services work on a real-time basis increasing the chances of errors & mistakes which can’t be omitted.
- On-demand live streaming services serves the live content as per the requirement of the audience while in webinar sessions content can be watched any time as per the free slot of our viewers.
- Live Streaming works on real time messaging protocol(RTMP), while webinars can be hosted on any type of web browser and internet-enabled devices.
It ultimately depends on the choice of individuals to go with live streaming or webinar services. If you are owning your business, then you should consider live streaming over webinar services.
Though your live streaming services will not be edited, or polished as the webinar videos but they deliver much more special than your expectations. With some best live streaming services, you tend to deliver real and unscripted content to your viewers which is very important for building strong connections.
While on-demand webinars undoubtedly have their advantages and applications, there are clear restrictions when it comes to connecting with and interacting with viewers.
Attendee engagement is greatly improved by having a captive audience who have actively registered to participate on the day.
Live online events provide viewers the chance to participate in the conversation rather than just listening to a pre-recorded speaker; as a result, they are more likely to watch for a longer time and pay more attention to what you have to say.
On-demand, however, acts as a useful information resource and a strong argument for why people should attend your upcoming events. It also extends the useful life of your content.
This is Aryan, I am a professional SEO Expert & Write for us technology blog and submit a guest post on different platforms- Technoohub provides a good opportunity for content writers to submit guest posts on our website. We frequently highlight and tend to showcase guests